The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We’re a community of builders committed to building better communities. That’s why we’re always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what’s next in our industry.
We’re also looking at what’s next for you and how we can help you build a career you’re proud of. As a student at PCL, you will get the opportunity for challenging work assignments in a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
We are seeking a Business Analyst Student for our North American Headquarters (NAHQ) district, within our Canadian Buildings Division that is available for 4 or 8 months starting in May 2023. This is an in-person opportunity located in our Edmonton office.
As a Business Analyst Student, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our team by:
- Provides user support for enterprise business development
- Responds to related service requests, troubleshoot incidents, and investigate problems
- Assists with, create or update process, training, and system documentation
- Assists with/deliver web-based training to end users
- Assists with documentation of requirements for new system
- Assists with, create or update use cases that support requirements analysis, functional designs, user acceptance testing, and training material
- Participates in pilots and rollouts
- Develops and deliver stakeholder communications
- Assists with the coordination of subject matter experts for requirements refinement and user acceptance testing
- Assists with/perform system configuration and testing
- Liaises with business, technology, and support teams to ensure systems meet business requirements
- Assists with new and ongoing department initiatives
- Assists with/perform analysis of system and data usage
- Configures navigation, dashboards, analytics, and reports in solutions such as Power BI
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Basic understanding of SQL
- Construction experience
- Support experience
- Data analysis experience
- Training experience
- Technical writing experience
Students from the following fields are encouraged to apply:
- Business systems analysis
- Information management, information technology, computing science or a related discipline
- Please note that candidates who have been selected to move forward to the next stage of the recruitment process will receive an email to complete a short online video interview
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!