You will apply and develop engineering skills in a team environment, working with experienced technical, maintenance and process personnel to improve production capability, equipment reliability and maintenance efficiency. Your will gain experience supporting both the Machinery and Fixed Equipment Engineering Groups within Sarnia Site.
Work within the Machinery and Fixed Equipment Engineering Teams, supporting continued safe, reliable and efficient operations of the assets across Imperial’s Sarnia Complex.
The primary objective of the Machinery Team is to sustain and improve machinery reliability through effective monitoring, repair standards, equipment design and tools deployment. In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop knowledgeable in the safe operation, monitoring and effective maintenance of all types of machinery within the plant (pumps, fans, compressors, motors, turbines, gearboxes, extruders, etc.).
- Support troubleshooting and analysis of machinery operational challenges (ie. pumping system performance)
- Progress safety, reliability or efficiency/cost improvement items with sufficient detail to enter into capital or maintenance budget plans.
- Support Risk Based Work Selection activities (i.e. business justification for discretionary work)
- Support equipment failure analysis and provide recommendations for equipment repairs and improvements
- Updating and improving machinery equipment maintenance strategies
- The primary objective of the Fixed Equipment Team is to maintain mechanical integrity of piping, tankage, valves, towers, exchangers through effective monitoring, repair and improvement. In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop an understanding of relevant Ontario/ Canadian codes and standards such as CSA B51, Ontario Safety Codes Act and Regulations for Boiler and Pressure Vessels
- Assist with applicable equipment calculations on fixed equipment to support Fitness-for-Service assessments
- Participate in design reviews, risk assessments, vendor bid evaluations etc. to ensure sound engineering and compliance with engineering standards and regulatory codes
- Participate in the generation of proposals, scopes, schedules and budgets on mechanical engineering work.
- Support development of mechanical specifications for Routine and Turnaround repair work, closely coordinating with Mechanical and Manufacturing Unit groups for repair quality.
- Work schedule: Full-time position
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application
- Commitment to safety on and oﬀ the job
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are required for the role
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, results-oriented individuals who are energized by working with people and by achieving superior results
- A valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
Start date: May 2023
Work Term: 12-16 months (applicants seeking 4 or 8 month terms will also be considered – please state your desired duration of work term)
Location: Sarnia, ON
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an oﬀer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certiﬁcate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certiﬁcate, Canadian certiﬁcate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from
Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit . Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an oﬀer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the oﬀer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: January 27, 2023
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.