What role you will play in our team
Imperial is recruiting for Chemical Engineering students at Strathcona Refinery located in Edmonton. Working under the guidance of staff Chemical Engineers, you will gain an understanding of petrochemical refining processes, process safety controls, and process unit optimization. The role will be to support safe, reliable, and profitable operation of process units.
You may be required to give a presentation on the assigned project(s) at the end of your work term depending on the department you are working for.
Skills and Qualifications
- Studying to achieve a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering (or related discipline)
- University Engineering student available for a work term beginning in January 2024
- Currently enrolled in a University Engineering program and returning to full-time studies after the work term
- Your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application
- Demonstrated leadership and strong academic skills
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- Previous industry experience is considered beneficial, but not essential
- Commitment to safety on and off the job
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are required for all roles
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team-based environment
Work schedule: Full-time position
Start date: January, 2024
Work term: 8, 12 or 16 months, depending on student availability
Location: Edmonton, AB
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation and working with communities and our Indigenous neighbours to meet rising energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner.
Imperial is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with qualified applicants to provide reasonable accommodation upon request at Imperial.email@example.com
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on a regular full-time basis without restrictions on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit. Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: September 29, 2023
Equal employment opportunity
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.