The Subsurface Engineering team based in Cold Lake, Alberta supports the in-situ operations at Imperial's Cold Lake asset which includes ~5,000 wells.
- Work in cross-functional environment with engineering, operations and well work teams to manage well integrity, improve production, reduce costs and maximize profitability.
- Subsurface engineering team is responsible for full well life cycle including completions, artificial lift and optimization, well integrity, workovers, and abandonments.
- Role will be in the well integrity or artificial lift sub-team, with responsibilities such as:
- Identify and manage casing integrity requirements, evaluate well logs, recommend well workovers and repairs to maximize wellbore utility.
- Work with other engineering disciplines to align on steaming and operating strategies.
- Write well work programs and procedures for well work rig operations and provide real-time technical support.
- Ensure adherence to internal standards and practices, as well as maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Lead or participate in well workover technical reviews, well reviews or risk assessments.
- Manage artificial lift equipment reliability and quality programs. Analyze artificial lift equipment failure causes/trends and make recommendations for improvement.
- Design and implement well stimulations, well optimizations, artificial lift upgrades, well workovers, liner diagnostics, or field trials.
- Identify new well opportunities, efficiencies or technical trials, evaluate risks and benefits, and lead implementation.
- Work with suppliers to redesign and trial new equipment, tools and technologies to improve well integrity or reliability.
- Participate in technical training, technical reviews or workshops.
- Attending Canadian accredited university, in pursuit of an engineering degree, in last or second to last work term
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application
- A valid driver’s license required
- Preferred candidates will have related subsurface, reservoir or production engineering experience, particularly with in-situ thermal operations
- Role best suited for Petroleum, Mechanical and Chemical Engineering programs
- Work schedule: Full-time position
Start date: May, 2023
Work term: 8, 12 or 16 months
Location: Cold Lake, AB
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation and working with communities and our Indigenous neighbours to meet rising energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner.
Imperial is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with qualified applicants to provide reasonable accommodation upon request at Imperial.firstname.lastname@example.org
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on a regular full-time basis without restrictions on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit. Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: January 23, 2023
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.