Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Corporate Communications is looking for a student to join and support the team on the development and execution of communications campaigns for Visa Canada. You will be responsible for supporting the Senior Manager with the development of communication materials and conducting market research that drive Visa’s business objectives across all the lines of business.
A Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate
- Articulate, creative, proactive, motivated individual with a passion for communications and great attention to detail.
- A team player with good communication and interpersonal skills: Self-motivated, proactive, with a can-do nature
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Detail oriented and organized
- Initiative, creativity, and flexibility in managing complex situations on a day-to-day basis
- Support the creation of external written materials, including but not limited to press releases, social content, speaking remarks, plans, and proposals
- Play a role in the development of PR strategies that drive business objectives and brand reputation
- Support the content management of Visa’s owned social channels (LinkedIn)
- Create and maintain templates and tools to be leveraged for communications campaigns
- Conduct market research that supports key communications objectives
Flex Work Arrangement - Hybrid Position
- This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor's degree in communications or any other related field
- Graduating December 2023 or later
Permanent work authorization to work in the Canada is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Varies upon the needs of the department.
This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.