Who We Are
We are the leading company in the production of long steel in the Americas and one of the major suppliers of specialty long steel in the world. With more than 45,000 employees, Gerdau has an installed capacity of more than 25 million metric tons of steel and it is the largest recycler in Latin America, and around the world, it transforms millions of metric tons of scrap into steel every year.
Gerdau Long Steel North America is a leader in mini-mill steel production and steel recycling in North America, with an annual manufacturing capacity of approximately 10 million metric tons of mill finished steel products. We serve customers throughout the U.S. and Canada, through a vertically integrated network of mini-mills, scrap recycling facilities and downstream operations offering a diverse and balanced product mix of merchant steel, rebar, structural shapes, fabricated steel, flat rolled steel and wire rod.
Gerdau's growth is based on our values and on a vision focused on excellence. Gerdau proudly offers internship programs, through which students can jump start their career with hands-on experience with one of the largest steel producers in the world. Working at Gerdau is an opportunity to be part of a team that is a benchmark in the industry in which it operates.
An Intern with Gerdau must have an eagerness to grow personally and professionally, being a part of a global company with more than 110 years of entrepreneurship and achievements in the steel industry. This program is for individuals with high learning agility and willingness to adapt and develop continuously , who aim at consistently outperforming in a variety of settings and circumstances.
Gerdau offers competitive wages, on-the-job experience, organization orientation, work assignments and projects with clear and targeted goals that allow young professionals to earn invaluable experience.Responsibilities
Following On-the-job Training And Orientation, The Candidates May
The successful candidate will be working with either our Engineering Team or Maintenance & Reliability Team.
- Update equipment /facility drawings
- Work with outside vendors and consultants, assist in managing contractors
- Assist Engineers on capex improvement projects
- Manage smaller non-capex projects
- Planning maintenance jobs and ordering parts
- Design projects
- Have completed at least two years of a degree from a recognized university in an Mechanical discipline
- Record of high academic achievement (Minimum GPA 2.5; preferred GPA 3.0 or higher)
- Experience with Solid works design software, Autocad would be a benefit
- Well-rounded applicants with leadership roles in student organizations or extra-curricular activities
- Must be legally authorized to work in the Canada without requiring current or future sponsorship for employment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with great organizational qualities
- Ability to work independently and be a fast-learner
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity for all and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates including members of the visible minority community, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and women in non-traditional roles. All external applicants must be legally eligible to work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.