Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
2023 Summer Student - Data Analyst GRM 8/12/16 Months
What is the opportunity?
You will assist a team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts in performing Risk Analytics, Research, and build Executive/Operational Dashboards that help the senior management of the Operational Risk Shared Services (ORSS) department to have more informed decisions about anticipating and managing Operational Risks (OR) effectively. The role ensures a robust and authoritative fact based and analytic capabilities, to support of the execution of the Enterprise Operational Risk management framework.
What will you do?
- Ingest and transform large-scale OR datasets to be used for computing key risk indicators (KRIs) and building OR models.
- Conduct exploratory analysis and interpretation of new and different data sources to find solutions to business problems
- Develop Tableau dashboards that present ORIS deliverables to its business partners and stakeholders.
- Support the development of a proactive approach to Operational Risk Management
- Participate in Proof of Concept or Proof of Technology projects to evaluate operational risk technologies and platforms
- Work with Operational Risk subject matter experts to identify key threats to the organization
What do you need to succeed?
- 1+ years of experience performing common ETL operations on structured datasets
- 2+ years of experience in developing, supporting, and maintaining Tableau dashboards
- Strong background in programming in Python and/or PySpark with familiarity with common packages; e.g. numpy, scipy, pandas, …
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills both in written and verbal
- Solid understanding of data management practices and data pipelines
- Strong analytical skills and competency in mathematics
- Experience with common DevOps tools; e.g. Jenkins, Artifactory,
- Experience with source version control such as GitHub and SVN.
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem HDFS/Spark/Hive
- Experience working with databases
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
- Knowledge/interest in UX Design and data visualization
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and make a difference
- Opportunities to building close relationships
Please note: This posting is for a 8/12/16-month Winter 2023 Student placement with a start date of May 2023, and end date of December 2023 / April 2024 / August 2024. In order to be eligible for this Student position, you must either:
- Be returning back to school after the work term end-date; or
- If you are not returning back to school (i.e. are graduating at the end of the work term end-date), you must require the full 8/12/16-month work term as a mandatory component to in order to graduate successfully.
Please ensure that you meet these eligibility requirements before applying - candidates who apply but are found to be ineligible are not able to be considered
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we accept applications on a rolling basis, but please note that the formal application deadline is January 15, 2023. Should you be selected to progress, someone from our team will reach out directly to provide instructions on next steps. Otherwise, feel free to check for progress updates by logging in to your RBC profile. If the status has not changed, it denotes the fact that your application is still under review.
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. The successful candidate for this role will be required to be located within Ontario for the duration of the work term. Details regarding the specific virtual, hybrid, and in-office arrangements for this Integrated Learning/ Co-op position are to be discussed with the Hiring Manager.
What is the opportunity?
You will assist a team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts in performing Risk Analytics, Research, and build Executive/Operational Dashboards that help the senior management of the Operational Risk Integrated Services (ORIS) department to have more informed decisions about anticipating and managing Operational Risks (OR) effectively. The role ensures a robust and authoritative fact based and analytic capabilities, to support of the execution of the Enterprise Operational Risk management framework.
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Group Risk Management
Student/Coop (Fixed Term)
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.