Salt XC is an agency driven by the philosophy of Experiential Commerce™. Our unique framework for designing better consumer experiences that earn attention and drive action. We take an integrated approach that connects your consumer’s online and offline experiences through data, media and the memorable moments that drive brand transactions.
The People and Culture Intern will work closely with the Senior Director of People and Culture and Junior Human Resource Generalist to execute our end-to-end HR function as agency. From recruiting and onboarding support, and day-to-day employee supports, the People and Culture Intern will have the opportunity to assist in implementing a variety of People & Culture functions at the fastest growing agency in North America.
The People and Culture Intern will be responsible for supporting with HR Operations functions from onboarding to off-boarding, benefits, personnel record keeping, employee engagement and providing assistance with our HR-related projects. This role requires a candidate who is keen to follow and improve process; assisting in building a structure and framework for the growing team; has a willingness to learn about people and culture and is not afraid to make suggestions for improvements.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Participate in projects including surveys, research, and the development of initiatives, programs, and policies.
- Support with company culture initiatives such as office programming, DEI initiatives, wellness programming, etc.
- Support with the development of general documentation like policies, onboarding documents, forms, and decks etc.
- Generate and deliver confidential documents to employees such as Employment Letters, etc.
- Act as a point of contact for employee general inquiries
- Assist with Talent Acquisition processes including posting jobs in our applicant tracking systems and scheduling interviews with the hiring team
- Support Office Manager with office admin, logistics, travel arrangements and event scheduling
- Support in administrative tasks for HR processes including, but not limited to administration of benefits program, new hires, leaves, compensation, role changes and departures in our HRIS system
- Support in maintenance of accurate personnel records in the HRIS
- Support with management of RRSP enrolment
- Leading hourly time tracking for part-time staff
- Provide assistance with HR projects
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE:
- Enrolled in a Human Resource undergraduate program or equivalent program
- Has some experience in HR, recruiting, administration or relevant experience to this role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive, Sharepoint + Teams)
- Takes pride in producing high quality and detailed work
- Demonstrates ability to maintain confidentially and professionalism
- Aptitude for learning and using different software and platforms
- Eager to meet and interact with new people and be in office 3+ days a week
SALT XC OFFERS
- The dynamic work environment and support of a growing creative agency with a start-up culture.
- The stability, resources, and commitment of a world class marketing organization.
- Flat corporate structure. You’ll be collaborating with both your peers as well as senior brand leaders.
- Learning and development opportunities with world-class executives and creatives from across the business, agency, and technology world.
- SALT OF THE EARTH: We aspire to be good people. People who are humble, hardworking, honest and kind to one another. People who are fun to work with, who trust and are respectful of each other.
- DO WHAT IS RIGHT: We don’t believe in taking shortcuts. We believe in doing what is right, not what is easy or expected.
- EARN IT: We believe in rolling up our sleeves and not being afraid of hard work. We want to earn the respect of others, the results we deliver and the praise we receive.
- MAKE THINGS BETTER: We aspire to leave things better than we found them and are always looking for a better way. Great ideas come from anywhere, they come from being curious, passionate, solutions-oriented people who care deeply about what we do
- SEEK DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES: We believe in embracing difference; the perspective it brings, how it challenges us, how it spurs creativity, and its ability to make us better.
Powered by JazzHR