As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all – while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs. Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold. Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. To support that challenge, the Research and Development
team is currently seeking Product Development Intern
in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
. As a Product Development Intern, you will work alongside our research team to conduct a small-plot research program within our crop protection portfolio.
- Execution of small-plot research program
- Preparation of research materials, plot layout and application of compounds
- Record keeping and data collection to evaluate progress throughout the season
- Analysis and interpretation of data and results
- Gain valuable experience in agricultural practices, crop production, machinery operation, identification of weeds, insect and crop diseases, and trial methodology
April 2023 – August 2023
- A positive attitude and excitement for learning
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited university in Agriculture, Science, Business or related field
- ‘G’ class license
- Comfortable wearing a respirator and working mainly outdoors
- Ability to repetitively lift a max of 20lbs at one time and work in sustained awkward postures
You Might Also Have
- Previous relevant summer experience is considered an asset; however, all experience levels and academic disciplines are welcome to apply
Syngenta Intern Scholarship Program
- All students hired into a Syngenta Internship role will have the opportunity to apply for 1 of 9 exclusive scholarships valued at $2000 each.
- This program is designed to recognize and reward a commitment to academic excellence, and foster continued growth and development of our team
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Syngenta Contact Information
If you need assistance during the application process, please contact the Service Desk at email@example.com
Syngenta Canada welcomes applications from all qualified candidates and is able to accommodate persons with disabilities. For more information about accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process or if you would like more information on our accommodation policies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org