As Canadian businesses grow and develop to their full potential, it is inevitable that they consider the benefits to be obtained through expansion into the United States. KPMG U.S. Corporate Tax plays a key role in optimizing the tax position of both young companies looking to enter the U.S. market for the first time and mature companies that have been doing business in the U.S. for a number of years. Our value added tax consulting services assist clients in realizing their cross-border expansion strategies by ensuring that they occur in a tax effective manner. We also help our clients remain in adherence with their various U.S. tax compliance requirements and serve as specialists in the preparation and review of U.S. tax provisions.
KPMG Professionals Are...
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
• Strong work ethic What you will do
• Thrive on challenges
• Dedicated to providing outstanding client service.
KPMG's Tax practice is focused on finding opportunities and leveraging them to our clients' advantage. Through tailored tax planning advice, our professional tax teams help clients gain a competitive advantage.
U.S. Tax Services:
The U.S. Corporate Tax Services in the Greater Montreal Area is part of KPMG’s tax practice, which is one of the fastest growing practices in the firm. KPMG’s U.S. Corporate Tax Practice provides the following compliance and consulting services:
• Preparation of U.S. corporate and partnership tax filings including tax returns, extension vouchers, estimates, etc.
• Review and analyze federal and state notices received from the respective tax authorities
• Assisting senior staff members in all aspects of corporate tax initiatives What you bring to the role
• Analysis of financial statements and trial balances from a tax point of view for various clients
• Develop your technical skills and knowledge of our clients' business
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
KPMG’s U.S. Corporate Tax Practice is looking to hire individuals with a wide ranging and diverse skill set, who are enthusiastic to take on a variety of challenges and opportunities, but there are universal strengths that all KPMG people have:
• Seeking to obtain the U.S. CPA designation with a keen interest in U.S. Corporate Tax Services Our Values, The KPMG Way
• Strong academic record
• Business focus to understand our clients' issues
• Strong sense of personal accountability to both our clients and your own personal career goals
• Excellent problem-solving skills to help identify issues and generate answers
• Relationship-building skills to interact with clients, colleagues, and the wider community
• Proficiency in written and spoken French and English, well developed communication skills
• Willingness to work hard with a diverse and dynamic team, positive attitude required and outgoing personality is a plus
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint)
• Diverse background and experience in team building and leadership
• Energy, fresh ideas and the drive to make a difference
• A balance of extra-curricular involvement and a sound academic background
• Canadian CPA not required
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.