At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and Responsibilities
The Industrial Hygienist role includes:
|Supporting IBMs Corporate Health & Safety Team, the Industrial Hygienist will support various business units in monitoring, evaluating, and advising on health and safety solutions. Primary duties include assessing physical and chemical hazards within manufacturing. In your role, you will have the ability to collaborate withing health and safety professionals within North America while focusing on supporting Canada operations.|
- Conducts industrial hygiene surveys and investigations of a variety of complex industrial manufacturing and research operations in order to identify, evaluate and control occupational safety and health hazards which may be hazardous to the health of our employees.
- Safeguards life and property in regard to the classical industrial hygiene disciplines including chemical, biological, asbestos, noise, and toxic and hazardous gases.
- Assures compliance with all applicable safety and health local regulations.
- Develops and assists line management and employees in the effective implementation and compliance of the safety and health programs and procedures.
- Performs baseline and periodic industrial hygiene exposure assessments of work operations.
- Supports IBMs Global Health & Safety Management System (ISO 45001 Certified).
- Performs employee exposure monitoring, conducting required air and surface sample collection.
- Evaluates equipment and ventilation systems to ensure adequate controls are implemented.
- Performs pre-purchase chemical procurement evaluations.
- Participates as a member of a local health and safety team, supporting safety programs where required.
- Provides safety and health training for employees.
- Assists management in the performance of work site safety and health inspections and correcting unsafe acts and conditions.
- Assists managers and employees, using professional skills, judgment, creativity, and people skills to maintain our safety culture.
- Evaluates well-being trends internal and external to IBM, maintaining awareness of regulatory and internal requirement changes.
- Understands and supports health benefits programs and initiatives.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of business unit strategies.
- Has a desire to participate in technical meetings, professional societies, technical standard-setting activities.
Important*** This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. To be eligible for this position, you need to be a citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree in safety or occupational health sciences or a closely-related scientific/engineering technical discipline or equivalent.
- At least 1-2 years experiencein applying Industrial Hygiene (IH) Principles and in a research/manufacturing work environment within the IH field.
- Ability to be an effective problem-solver and work independently with minimal supervision.
- High level communication skills.
- Bilingual (English, Fluent).
- At least 2-3 years experience in applying Industrial Hygiene (IH) Principles and in a research/manufacturing work environment within the IH field.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist or working towards certification.
- Experience in industrial hygiene sample collection and results advisement within manufacturing.